Thursday, October 4, 2012

And We're Back

Wow! I cannot believe it was over 9 months ago that we stopped blogging. SO much has happened since then!!

We received the referral of our precious baby boy, Christian Paleo on Valentine's Day. What a great gift! Christian is his African given name. Isn't God amazing? For the rest of his life, our little boy will know who saved him! We will change it to a K to match our other kid's names! They said he was 6 months old and weighed 11 pounds. After we received the court documents in June, we realized he was actually 10 months old and weighed 11 pounds.



On June 11, he officially became ours according to the Congolese government. When we received the documents I cried and cried reading his precious momma's name and learning of his sweet, but very sad story. I thanked God that I learned of his mom and could pray for her by name. I praised Him for her. How hard it must of been to give her up son. I just want her to have peace knowing that he is being loved and taken care of!

June 12 he was moved to his foster home. Since then he has probably gained 20 pounds and look so incredibly healthy!

We are so excited that we leave in exactly 7 days to "go to him and leave him as an orphan no more"!

We will be blogging our journey of packing, flying, the first time we meet him, our stay and the journey home! After that, I can't promise anything with this blog because I will then be a mom of 3 kids under the age of 4, 2 of those being toddlers just 2 months apart! Life is going to be crazy...a good crazy. A crazy I would never change for the world!

 
I mean seriously?!?! Look at that smile!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He won't have a problem adjusting at all... ;-)



1 comment:

  1. He looks so good. He'll fit right in with that big ol' Allen smile. We are so excited for you! We are praying for smooth transitions. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete